Servings: 24 (1 cupcake)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Black Food Color
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark chocolate frosting
- 1 to 2 teaspoons McCormick® Black Food Color
- 12 graham crackers, halved (24 squares)
- 24 pieces string licorice, 2-inch lengths
- 24 round chocolate candies, such as Junior Mints or dark brown M&Ms
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pans with 24 paper liners or coat generously with no stick cooking spray. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, beating 2 minutes or until well blended. Add up to 1 tablespoon black food color. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- 3 Bake 15 to18 minutes until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- 4 Microwave frosting in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons black food color until desired color is reached. Using a fork, dip graham cracker squares into frosting. Let excess frosting drip off. Let stand on parchment paper 30 minutes or frosting is firm.
- 5 Meanwhile, use sharp kitchen scissors to cut licorice strips into tassels. Unwrap cupcakes (if using paper liners) and trim tops to level if necessary. Place cupcakes upside down on serving platter. Use a drop of frosting to secure graham cracker square to top of cupcake. Place a licorice strip and a chocolate candy on top of each, securing with a drop of frosting.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Make it easy and use a devil's food cake mix to prepare 24 cupcakes. Add up to 1 tablespoon McCormick® Black Food Color.
One can (16 ounces) frosting should be enough to frost 24 cupcakes. Make sure to let the excess frosting drip off the sides of the graham crackers.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.