Ingredients 8 Servings
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free baking mix, such as Bisquick®
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into chunks
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- Coconut Pumpkin Filling
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. For the Gluten-Free Pie Crust, spray 9-inch deep dish pie plate with no stick cooking spray. Set aside. Place baking mix in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until fine crumbs form. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork to moisten. Form dough into a ball. Press onto bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2 Meanwhile, for the Coconut Pumpkin Filling, beat eggs in large bowl. Add sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt; mix until smooth. Stir in pumpkin. Gradually add coconut milk, mixing well. Pour into prebaked pie crust.
- 3 Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 55 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
TIPS AND TRICKS
A purchased deep dish gluten-free crust may be used in place of the homemade pie crust.