There’s some major adorableness hatching in the kitchen … these fun and festive Baby Chick Cupcakes! Start with pre-made mini cupcakes. Pipe two dollops of McCormick® vanilla extract-flavored marshmallow crème on top of each other to form chicks. Use ...
There’s some major adorableness hatching in the kitchen … these fun and festive Baby Chick Cupcakes! Start with pre-made mini cupcakes. Pipe two dollops of McCormick® vanilla extract-flavored marshmallow crème on top of each other to form chicks. Use our Nature's Inspiration™ Food Colors in Sunflower to create that beautiful yellow hue. Add broken pieces of white chocolate wafers to create egg shells. Peep, peep!Read More Read Less
Ingredients 24 (2 mini cupcake) Servings
- 1 package (12 ounces) white confectionary coating wafers, such as Wilton® White Candy Melts®
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioner’s sugar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow crème
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower color from McCormick® Nature's Inspiration Food Colors
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 48 unfrosted mini yellow cupcakes , baked in white paper liners
- 1 For the broken egg shell pieces, melt coating wafers as directed on package. Spread on large foil-lined baking sheet to 1/4-inch thickness. Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm. Break into small irregular pieces. Set aside. (Store any remaining pieces in covered container at cool room temperature or in refrigerator up to 5 days.)
- 2 Meanwhile, beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, beating until well blended after each addition, frequently scraping sides and bottom of bowl. Beat in marshmallow crème until well blended. Stir food color into milk in small bowl until dissolved. Add colored milk into frosting; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in additional regular milk as needed to reach desired consistency.
- 3 To decorate the cupcakes, spoon frosting into a large pastry bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe 2 dollops of frosting on top of each other to form the baby chick. If desired, insert sprinkles into the face for the eyes and beak. Or, tint any remaining frosting with Nature's Inspiration™ Food Colors to pipe out the eyes and beak.
- 4 Place coating wafer pieces around bottom of baby chick to resemble a broken egg shell.