Ingredients 8 (1 scone) Servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2 Mix 3/4 cup of the cream, egg, vanilla and food color in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add to flour mixture; stir until a soft dough forms.
- 3 Place dough on lightly floured surface. Pat into an 8-inch circle. Cut out heart shapes with 2 1/2- to 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Gather scraps and cut out additional heart shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
- 4 Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown, rotating baking sheet halfway through cook time. Cool slightly on wire rack.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Spray cookie cutter with no stick cooking spray to prevent dough from sticking to cookie cutter.