For an authentic Italian pasta dish, try this highly flavored recipe featuring Italian seasoning, basil, fennel, Romano cheese and sausage. Photo credit: Amy Johnson from She Wears Many Hats.
Ingredients 12 (1 cup) Servings
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onion
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ All Natural Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Fennel Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sicilian sea salt
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well.
- 2 Meanwhile, break up sausage in large skillet. Cook on medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes. Remove sausage; drain fat. Rinse skillet and wipe clean.
- 3 Heat oil in same skillet on medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms and seasonings; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add cooked sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
- 4 Place pasta in large serving bowl. Add sausage mixture and cheese; toss to coat well. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner