Baked in the oven instead of stirred on the stovetop, this butternut squash risotto comes out creamy and delicious. McCormick® spices and herbs make it easy to bring vibrant Mediterranean flavor to the meal.
Ingredients 4 (1 cup) Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups peeled, cubed butternut squash
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Marjoram Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in large ovenproof saucepan or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add squash, onions and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- 2 Stir in remaining ingredients, except Parmesan cheese. Cover.
- 3 Bake 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in Parmesan cheese before serving.