Crispy mashed potato tots stuffed with oooey-gooey cheese in the middle? Game on. Sprinkle in McCormick® Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper and Sea Salt All Purpose Seasoning for an extra dose of savory flavor.
Ingredients 10 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, divided
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Garlic and Onion, Black Pepper and Sea Salt All Purpose Seasoning, divided
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups plain instant mashed potatoes, (unprepared)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 ounces Cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 30 cubes)
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix 1 cup of the sour cream, 1 slice of the crumbled bacon (about 1 heaping tablespoon) and 1 tablespoon of the Seasoning in small bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 Mix potatoes, milk, egg, remaining 1/2 cup sour cream, 3 slices crumbled bacon and 1 tablespoon Seasoning in large bowl until well blended. Shape the potato mixture, one tablespoon at a time, into balls. Press 1 cheese cube into the center of each potato ball, forming the potato mixture around the cheese to completely enclose it while shaping it into a “tot” shape.
- 3 Mix panko and melted butter in a shallow dish. Roll tots in panko mixture to coat. Place on foil-lined shallow baking pan.
- 4 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp, turning once. Serve with bacon sour cream mixture for dipping.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner