Free up the oven and stovetop space when preparing the holiday meal with this slow cooker side dish. Tender butternut squash and apples seasoned with thyme and pumpkin pie spice get crunch from toasted coconut.
Ingredients 15 Servings
- 2 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (about 8 cups)
- 2 apples, such as Braeburn or Gala, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 4 cups)
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted flaked coconut
- 1 Place squash, apples and onion in slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except coconut in small bowl until well blended. Pour over squash mixture. Cover.
- 2 Cook 3 to 4 hours on HIGH, stirring after 2 hours. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner