Ingredients 24 Servings
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate and pecans.
- 2 Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- 3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Prepare as directed, using 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips in place of the baking chocolate.