Servings: 12 (1 roll)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground McCormick® Whole Black Pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray 12-cup muffin pan with no stick cooking spray. Set aside. Bring water, milk and butter to simmer in medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring to melt butter. Transfer mixture to bowl of heavy-duty standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add tapioca flour; mix on medium-low speed 4 minutes or until the mixture is smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Add Cotija cheese, rosemary and pepper; beat on low speed until well blended. (Batter will be thick and sticky.)
- 2 Divide batter evenly among muffin cups using an ice cream scoop.
- 3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crusty and golden brown. Run a knife around each roll to loosen from the pan. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Serve warm. (The rolls are also delicious served at room temperature, although the creamy interior will firm up.)
TIPS AND TRICKS
Tapioca flour, also known as tapioca starch, can be found in the baking or natural foods aisle of the supermarket. It is also sold in Latin markets as manioc or cassava starch.