- 2 ounces rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups julienned snow peas
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Sesame Seed, toasted
- 1 Cook rice noodles as directed on package. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Toss noodles with sesame oil. Divide among 8 soup bowls. Set aside.
- 2 Bring broth, carrots and ginger to boil in large saucepan. Add chicken; simmer 2 minutes or just until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in snow peas, green onions and soy sauce. Cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- 3 Ladle soup over noodles in soup bowls to serve. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
TIPS AND TRICKS
To toast sesame seed: Heat small skillet on medium heat. Add sesame seed; cook and stir 2 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Immediately pour out of hot pan to avoid over-toasting.
To freeze soup: Cool soup completely. Ladle into in freezer-weight containers. Freeze up to 3 months. Prepare rice noodles just before serving.