Learn how to make Korean pancakes with this delicious kimchi pancake recipe. Add shrimp for a Korean seafood pancake treat infused with ginger, crushed red pepper and sesame seeds. Top off your dish with a drizzle of nutty, soy-sesame sauce for the ultimate food experience!
Ingredients 4 (2 pancakes) Servings
- 1/2 cup pancake mix, such as Bisquick®
- 1/2 cup chilled lemon-lime soda
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Sesame Seed, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup prepared kimchi, drained and chopped
- 1/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, cut in half into 2 flat pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 Mix pancake mix , soda, 2 teaspoons of the vinegar, 1 teaspoon of the sesame seed, ginger and crushed red pepper in medium bowl until blended. Stir in kimchi, shrimp and green onions. Refrigerate batter 5 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, mix soy sauce, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 teaspoon sesame seed in small bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3 Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into skillet. Cook pancakes until golden brown, turning when edges are dry. (Keep batter refrigerated while cooking batches.) Repeat with remaining batter, adding additional oil if necessary. Serve pancakes with dipping sauce.