Ingredients 5 Servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh oyster mushrooms, torn into strips
leeks, white and light green parts
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 containers (32 ounces each) unsalted vegetable stock, (8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Whole Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Rubbed Sage
- 1 teaspoon Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 Heat oil in 8-quart stockpot on high heat. Add mushrooms, leeks and garlic; cook and stir until vegetables begin to brown. Deglaze with wine, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan.
- 2 Add stock, peppercorns, sage, sea salt and thyme; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 hour.
- 3 Strain broth through fine mesh strainer. Discard solids. Stir lemon juice into broth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour broth into beverage glasses or mugs. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of the avocado oil just before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Make Ahead : Cool broth to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. To reheat, pour into microwavable mug. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute of until heated through.