Pineapple and sweet potatoes create a delicious flavor combination that adds spice to a holiday meal.
Ingredients 10 Servings
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Mix reserved juice with sweet potatoes, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, vanilla and 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice (or 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon). Pour into lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Top with crushed pineapple.
- 2 Mix brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter and remaining 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon) in small saucepan. Cook and stir on medium heat just until sugar dissolves. Stir in nuts. Spoon over sweet potato and pineapple mixture.
- 3 Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner