Crisp, savory vegetable pancakes are light enough to be served as an appetizer or side yet satisfying when enjoyed as an entrée. Topped with a flaxseed spiced Greek yogurt, this flavorful dish is sure to get anyone to eat their veggies.
Ingredients 5 Servings
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese (chévre), softened
Flaxseed with Mediterranean Herbs Blend, divided
- organic italian seasoning with flaxseed
- 1 1/8 teaspoons sea salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1 For the Yogurt Sauce, mix yogurt, milk, goat cheese, 1 teaspoon of the Flaxseed Blend and 1/8 teaspoon of the sea salt in small bowl until smooth. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 For the Herbed Vegetable Pancakes, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, carrots and celery; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Refrigerate vegetable mixture until chilled.
- 3 Beat eggs, bread crumbs, remaining 1 tablespoon Flaxseed Blend, 1 teaspoon sea salt and pepper in medium bowl until well blended. Add zucchini and vegetable mixture; mix well. Refrigerate 5 minutes to allow mixture to firm up. Shape into 10 patties (about 2 inches in diameter and 1/4-inch thick), using about 1/4 cup mixture for each patty.
- 4 Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet on medium-high heat. Add half of the patties; cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining patties. Serve vegetable pancakes with yogurt sauce.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner