Loaded with the southwest flavor of McCormick® Hint of Salt Mexican Taco Truck Seasoning, black beans and your favorite taco-inspired toppings, you’ll be craving these hearty stuffed sweet potatoes every night of the week. Best of all? They’re ready in just 2... Loaded with the southwest flavor of McCormick® Hint of Salt Mexican Taco Truck Seasoning, black beans and your favorite taco-inspired toppings, you’ll be craving these hearty stuffed sweet potatoes every night of the week. Best of all? They’re ready in just 20 minutes! Read More Read Less
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® A Hint of Sea Salt Mexican Taco Truck Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 Pierce sweet potatoes with fork. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning over halfway through cooking. Keep warm.
- 2 Heat oil in large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in beans, Seasoning and water. Cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 3 Make a lengthwise slit along top of each sweet potato and squeeze ends gently to open. Fluff sweet potato flesh with fork. Top with bean mixture and serve with desired toppings.
Test Kitchen Tip
•Serve with assorted toppings, such as chopped avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa or chopped fresh cilantro.
•To prepare sweet potatoes in the oven, pierce potatoes and wrap in foil. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 50 minutes or until tender.
•Substitute 1 cup corn for the bell pepper.
•Use any variety of canned beans in place of the black beans.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner