Crispy on the outside. Fluffy on the inside. This baked falafel is the real deal. Season chickpea mixture with McCormick® herbs and spices, bake and stuff into pita pockets. Top with Tzatziki sauce for a cool, creamy finish.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- Tzatziki Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup peeled and finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Crispy Baked Falafel
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 For the Tzatziki Sauce, mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 Preheat oven to 400°F. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on large foil-lined shallow baking pan. Set aside.
- 3 Place chickpeas, egg, spices and seasonings, salt and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in food processor; cover. Process until almost smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Transfer to large bowl. Add flour, parsley and baking powder; mix well. Form mixture into 12 patties, each about 1/2-inch thick. Place on prepared pan.
- 4 Bake 20 minutes until golden brown, turning half way through cooking. Serve with Tzatziki Sauce in pita bread pockets, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner