Ingredients 24 Servings
- 1 package (2-layer cake) chocolate cake mix
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 24 chocolate ice cream cones
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 24 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- Black string licorice, cut into assorted lengths for hair
- Red candy-coated pieces, for eyes
- Green gum drops, cut into triangles, for nose
- 1 Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla.
- 2 Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- 3 Dip open end of each ice cream cone into melted chocolate. Attach to chocolate wafer cookies to make the witch’s hat. Let stand 30 minutes to allow chocolate to harden. Tint frosting green by mixing 1/4 teaspoon yellow food color and 1/4 teaspoon blue food color. Frost cupcakes. Place witch’s hat on each cupcake. Use candy-coated pieces for the eyes and gum drops, cut into triangles, for the nose. Cut string licorice into assorted lengths for the hair.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: For easier measurement, 1/4 tsp. Food Color = 20 to 25 drops