Fill the dessert table with star-spangled treats! Like these easy to make – and eat – chilled cookie dough stars. Featuring McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract for rich, homemade flavor, they’re sure to be a hit.
Servings: 24 (1 star)
- step 1
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add sugars, vanilla and salt; mix until blended and smooth. Stir in vanilla wafer crumbs and chocolate chips.
- 2 Press cookie dough mixture firmly into an even layer onto bottom of foil-lined 15x10x1-inch shallow baking pan. Freeze 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- 3 Flip cookie dough onto cutting board. Remove foil. Cut into star shapes with 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter. Press cookie dough scraps onto pan, refreezing cookie dough if too soft, to cut out more stars. Freeze or refrigerate cookie dough stars until ready to serve. Storage Tip : Store Cookie Dough Stars in refrigerator if softer texture is desired. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week or in freezer up to 1 month.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Leftover Tip : Use any remaining dough scraps to make a cookie dough milkshake. Place leftover dough in blender container with vanilla ice cream and milk; cover. Blend to desired consistency.