Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 Stir coffee and boiling water in medium bowl until coffee is dissolved. Add sugar, oil, cinnamon, sea salt, paprika and pepper; mix with wire whisk until well blended. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade for dipping sauce. Cut steak crosswise into 3-inch long by 1/2-inch wide strips. Place in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Pour remaining marinade over steak; turn to coat well.
- 2 Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Meanwhile, mix reserved marinade with sherry vinegar and green onion to use as a dipping sauce. Set aside until ready to serve. Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread steak in zigzag fashion onto skewers.
- 3 Grill over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Serve steak skewers with dipping sauce.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning.