This classic comfort food recipe is a quick-fix - ready in just 30 minutes! Poached egg and bok choy are tasty additions to soft and chewy Simply Asia® Udon Noodles.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- unsalted chicken stock
- 1/3 package (from 14 ounce box) Simply Asia® Japanese Style Udon Noodles
- 1 ounce dried sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 bunches baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
crushed red pepper
- McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper recommended
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 BRING stock, 1 quart of water, mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt to boil in large saucepan. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Strain broth through a fine mesh strainer into another large saucepan. Reserve mushrooms.
- 2 BRING strained broth to boil. Add noodles; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Keep warm.
- 3 MEANWHILE, fill large deep saucepan with 2 inches of water. Add vinegar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Break 1 egg into small dish. Carefully slide egg into simmering water (bubbles should begin to break the surface of the water). Repeat with remaining eggs. Poach eggs 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken. Carefully remove eggs with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- 4 BLANCH bok choy in large saucepan of boiling water until bok choy turns bright green and is lightly tender, about 1 minute. Drain immediately. Toss bok choy with sesame oil, crushed red pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl.
- 5 TO SERVE, ladle broth and noodles into 6 serving bowls. Top each evenly with seasoned bok choy, reserved mushrooms, a poached egg and green onions. Serve warm.