Fall in love with our easy recipe for heart-shaped pizza. With the bold flavor of McCormick® herbs and spices, it’s a delicious way to show your love any day of the year.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 pound (16 ounces) pizza dough, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/2 cup prepared pizza sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper, divided
- 1 Place pizza dough in large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, turning to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Mix remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, oregano and garlic salt in small bowl; set aside.
- 2 Preheat oven to 500°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Roll and stretch each portion of dough into a 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Transfer dough to parchment-lined pans. Using kitchen shears or small sharp knife, cut ‘V’ shape in top of each dough circle to form top of heart. Stretch and shape dough to create heart shape. Discard any dough scraps.
- 3 Spread 1/4 cup of the pizza sauce over each heart, leaving a 1-inch border for the crust. Top each pizza evenly with 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Brush crusts evenly with olive oil mixture.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, rotating pans halfway through cooking. Remove from oven. Sprinkle evenly with basil and crushed red pepper.
Test Kitchen Tip: If you prefer to bake the pizzas separately, shape and top one pizza only. Then while the 1st pizza is in the oven, shape and prepared the 2nd pizza. You can also cut the ingredients in half and make only 1 pizza. Refrigerate remaining dough for another use, or make easy breadsticks, like these Quick Italian Breadsticks or Cinnamon Breadsticks, swapping the fresh dough in place of the canned breadstick dough. Simply roll dough into a large rectangle and cut into 1-inch strips.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner