Layer up the flavor with these bold chicken and vegetable kabobs. Start with a smoky mesquite base and top ‘em off with sweet and savory brown sugar bourbon.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning
How to Make Green Bean Casserole:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cream of mushroom soup, milk and pepper in 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Stir in green beans and 2/3 cup Crispy Fried Onions.
- 2 Bake 30 minutes or until hot. Stir.
Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden brown.
Can you make Green Bean Casserole ahead of time? Sure!
Prepare this casserole right up until the baking step (Step 2) and freeze it! Thaw in the fridge the night before baking or increase the bake time by 15 minute increments until the center reaches 160°F.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• For a kick of spice, double the black pepper in this green bean casserole recipe to 1/4 teaspoon and prepare as directed.
• To feed a crowd, double the recipe and prepare in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Use an entire 6-ounce container of Crispy Fried Onions, reserving 1 1/3 cup for the topping. Increase cooking time to 40 minutes or until heated through.
• If using fresh or frozen green beans, make sure to cook them first! Blanch fresh green beans until tender, or steam frozen beans as directed on package.
TIPS AND TRICKS
If using wooden skewers, soak thoroughly in water for at least 30 minutes before threading with chicken and vegetables. This prevents them from burning when on the grill.
For more even cooking, skewer chicken and vegetables separately.