Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade
- peach preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 fresh or drained canned pineapple slices
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough or frozen dough, thawed or 1 prepared thin pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 Mix Marinade Mix, preserves and orange juice in small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the preserves mixture.
- 2 Grill sausage over medium heat 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Grill peppers, onions and pineapple slices 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, turning occasionally. Brush sausage, vegetables and pineapple occasionally with remaining preserves mixture. Cut sausage into thin slices. Cut vegetables and pineapple into bite-size pieces.
- 3 Stretch or roll dough on floured baking sheet to a 12- to 14-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush top of dough with oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- 4 Brush crust with 2 tablespoons of the reserved preserves mixture. Layer with 1/2 of the cheese, grilled sausage and vegetables. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons preserves mixture. Top with remaining cheese and pineapple. Close lid. Grill 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. (Check pizza often to avoid burning. Rotate pizza, if necessary.) Slide pizza onto baking sheet. Slice and serve immediately.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Pizza dough may be purchased from the prepared deli or dairy section of the supermarket. If frozen, thaw dough in refrigerator.
For ease in stretching or rolling, let dough stand at room temperature 1 to 2 hours.
Fresh pizza dough may also be purchased from your local pizzeria.