Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 large onion, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough or frozen dough, thawed or 1 prepared thin pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 Grill sausage over medium heat 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Grill peppers and onions 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, turning occasionally. Sprinkle sausage and vegetables with 1 teaspoon of the Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning while grilling. Cut sausage into thin slices. Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces. Mix tomato sauce and remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoning.
- 2 Stretch or roll dough on floured baking sheet to a 12- to 14-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush top of dough with oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- 3 Spread seasoned tomato sauce on crust. Layer with 1/2 of the cheese, grilled sausage, vegetables and remaining cheese. Close lid. Grill 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. (Check pizza often to avoid burning. Rotate pizza, if necessary.) Slide pizza onto baking sheet. Slice and serve immediately. Sprinkle with additional Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Pizza dough may be purchased from the prepared deli or dairy section of the supermarket. If frozen, thaw dough in refrigerator.
For ease in stretching or rolling, let dough stand at room temperature 1 to 2 hours.
Fresh pizza dough may also be purchased from your local pizzeria.