Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Zesty Herb Marinade
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- shredded Italian blend cheese, divided
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough or frozen dough, thawed or 1 prepared thin pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1 Prepare Marinade Mix as directed on package. Mix ricotta cheese and 1 tablespoon of the marinade in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use. Place vegetables in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; toss to coat well. Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove vegetables from marinade, reserving marinade.
- 2 Grill vegetables over medium-high heat 2 to 4 minutes per side or until tender-crisp, brushing with reserved marinade halfway through grilling. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- 3 Stretch or roll dough on floured baking sheet to a 12- to 14-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush top of dough with oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- 4 Layer crust with ricotta cheese mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, grilled vegetables and remaining mozzarella cheese. Close lid. Grill 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. (Check pizza often to avoid burning. Rotate pizza, if necessary.) Slide pizza onto baking sheet. Slice and serve immediately.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Pizza dough may be purchased from the prepared deli or dairy section of the supermarket. If frozen, thaw dough in refrigerator.
For ease in stretching or rolling, let dough stand at room temperature 1 to 2 hours.
Fresh pizza dough may also be purchased from your local pizzeria.