Served with an umami-rich charred tomato ketchup and French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard, this carrot hot dog is an intriguing, veggie-forward play on an American classic.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup unsalted vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Smoked Paprika
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and trimmed to 6-inch lengths
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 hot dog buns
- French's® Classic Yellow Mustard
- Charred Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Whisk stock, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, garlic and smoked paprika in medium bowl until well blended. Place carrots in large glass baking dish. Pour stock mixture over top. (Carrots should not be submerged.) Marinate carrots 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning occasionally to coat in marinade.
- 2 Preheat oven to 425˚F. Cover baking dish with foil. Roast carrots 30 minutes. Remove foil. Turn carrots to coat in marinade. Roast 10 minutes longer or until carrots are tender.
- 3 Meanwhile, melt butter in medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and very tender (reduce heat to medium, if needed to prevent over-browning). Set aside; keep warm.
- 4 Grill roasted carrots on high heat about 1 minute, turning to create grill marks on all sides. Toast buns alongside carrots on grill.
- 5 Serve Carrot Hot Dogs in toasted buns. Top with caramelized onions and drizzle with mustard and Charred Tomato Ketchup to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner