This raisin and nut cake, spiced with allspice, cinnamon and ginger, is made even more delicious with a Caramel Glaze.
- Allspice Spice Cake
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Caramel Glaze
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
4 to 5
- 1/8 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. For the Cake, mix flour, sugars, allspice, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat with electric mixer on low speed just until ingredients are moistened. Beat on high speed 2 minutes.
- 2 Stir in raisins and walnuts. Pour into greased and floured 10-cup Bundt pan.
- 3 Bake 55 minutes or until sides of cake pull away from pan. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- 4 Meanwhile, for the Caramel Glaze, mix brown sugar, butter, cream and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until well blended and smooth. Simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cool slightly before spooning over cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner