Grill Mates® Backyard Brick Oven Seasoning add spicy heat to burgers. Add pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and toppings to make it a pizza burger.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- hamburger rolls
- 2 plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 thin slices
- 1 Mix ground beef, 1/2 cup of the cheese and Seasoning in large bowl until well blended. Shape into 6 patties.
- 2 Grill burgers over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F). Top burgers with pizza sauce and remaining 1/2 cup cheese 1 minute before cooking is completed.
- 3 Serve burgers on rolls. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with additional Seasoning, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Serving Suggestion: Top burgers with your favorite pizza toppings, such as sliced pepperoni, mushrooms, red onion or olives.