Meat rub goes rogue with this amped up burger, rubbed with a savory blend of Smoky Montreal Steak Seasoning, chili powder and brown sugar. Up the flavor factor further with creative burger toppings: melty cheddar, BBQ mayo, grilled pickle slices and crispy onion straws. This... Meat rub goes rogue with this amped up burger, rubbed with a savory blend of Smoky Montreal Steak Seasoning, chili powder and brown sugar. Up the flavor factor further with creative burger toppings: melty cheddar, BBQ mayo, grilled pickle slices and crispy onion straws. This burger really is as bold and fun as it looks!
Read More Read Less
Read More Read Less
Ingredients 4 Servings
- BBQ Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Stubbs® Original Bar-B-Q Sauce
- Crispy Onion Straws
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1 medium onion, very thinly sliced and separated into rings
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Cowboy Burgers
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Smoky Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 dill pickle, sliced lengthwise 1/4-inch thick
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 For the BBQ Mayonnaise, mix mayonnaise and Bar-B-Q Sauce in small bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 For the Onions, mix flour, salt and pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Add onion; toss to coat well. Pour oil into deep fryer, large heavy skillet or saucepan, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat oil on medium-high heat. Carefully add onion rings to hot oil. Fry 4 to 5 minutes, turning once to brown evenly, until onions rings are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- 3 For the Burgers, mix Seasoning, chili powder and brown sugar in small bowl. Shape ground beef into 4 patties. Coat surface of each patty evenly with the rub mixture. Grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160ºF). Add cheese slices to burgers 1 minute before cooking is completed. Grill pickle slices 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear. Toast rolls on the grill, open-side down, about 30 seconds, if desired.
- 4 Serve burgers on rolls topped with grilled pickles, Crispy Onion Straws and lettuce. Serve with BBQ Mayonnaise.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner