Burgers and hot dogs, step aside. Peel and eat shrimp are about to steal the grilling spotlight.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shells-on and deveined
- Lime wedges
- FRANK’S® RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce , (optional)
- 1 Mix Marinade Mix, lime juice, honey and oil in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade. Place shrimp in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 2 Remove shrimp from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- 3 Grill skewers over medium-high heat 3 minutes per side or until shrimp is cooked through, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade. Remove cooked shrimp from skewers and arrange on a large platter or baking sheet. Serve with fresh lime wedges and a splash of RedHot Sauce, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak thoroughly in water for at least 30 minutes before threading with shrimp and vegetables. This prevents them from burning when on the grill.