This recipe will make anyone into a kale lover. The combination of sweet, tart, nutty and salty flavors with the kale and quinoa makes this an inspired salad.
Ingredients 8 (1 1/3 cups) Servings
- Kale & Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 8 ounces kale
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon French's® Chardonnay Dijon Mustard Squeeze Bottle
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Dill Weed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 For the Salad, bring water to boil in small saucepan. Add quinoa; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Spoon quinoa into medium bowl. Set aside to cool.
- 2 Meanwhile, wash and dry kale leaves well. Use a sharp knife to remove the central rib in each leaf. Stack the leaves and cut crosswise into very thin slices. Place in large bowl. Add green onions, feta and cranberries. Set aside.
- 3 For the Vinaigrette, mix all ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add 1/4 cup of the Vinaigrette to the quinoa; toss to coat well. Add quinoa to salad; toss well. Drizzle remaining Vinaigrette over top; toss to coat well. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to blend flavors. Just before serving, sprinkle salad with almonds; toss to mix.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner