This recipe was developed for Stubb’s by Heather Hunsaker, of Kitchen Concoctions.
- Step 1
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 (32-ounce) box chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 cup Stubb's® Sweet Heat Barbecue
- 1 tablespoon Stubb's® BBQ Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper, or to taste
- 2 cup store bought or homemade cornbread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 For Soup: Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, beans and corn. Add broth, Stubb's Sweet Heat Bar-B-Q Sauce, Stubb's Bar-B-Q Spice Rub, salt and black pepper; stir to combine.
- 2 Bring soup to a boil. Boil for 4-5 minutes, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Serve topped with cornbread croutons.
- 3 For Croutons: Preheat oven to 400° degrees F. Place cornbread on a large baking sheet. Bake cornbread croutons in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner