Teenager and food justice activist Michael Platt of Michaels Desserts is on a mission to eradicate childhood hunger. In collaboration with the McCormick Test Kitchen at our Hunt Valley, Maryland headquarters, Michael developed this French Toast Cupcake for the ...
Teenager and food justice activist Michael Platt of Michaels Desserts is on a mission to eradicate childhood hunger. In collaboration with the McCormick Test Kitchen at our Hunt Valley, Maryland headquarters, Michael developed this French Toast Cupcake for the Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry. This fun cupcake is laced with a cinnamon sugar swirl, topped with fluffy maple frosting and finished with candied bacon sprinkles for an amazing sweet and salty combo. Who says you can’t enjoy breakfast for dessert?Read More Read Less
Ingredients 12 (1 cupcake) Servings
- French Toast Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cold
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Maple Extract With Other Natural Flavors
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- Cinnamon Candied Bacon, crumbled
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. For the French Toast Cupcakes, mix brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside. Beat remaining ingredients in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- 2 Spoon half of the batter evenly into 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture over the batter in each cup. Spoon remaining batter evenly over top.
- 3 Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out with moist crumbs. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- 4 For the Maple Cream Cheese Frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until smooth. Add heavy cream; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in whipped topping, extract and salt; beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle cupcakes with orange zest and Cinnamon Candied Bacon.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.