A rich mocha truffle layer and sprinkling of cinnamon and confectioners' sugar top these extraordinary brownies. Photo credit: Kaitlin Flannery of Whisk Kid
Ingredients 16 Servings
- 8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Microwave 2 ounces of the chocolate and butter in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar. Add 1 of the eggs; mix well. Add flour; mix well. Spread in greased foil-lined 8-inch square baking pan.
- 2 Mix instant coffee and water in small bowl until completely dissolved; set aside. Microwave remaining 6 ounces chocolate and cream in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes. Add vanilla and 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Beat remaining 2 eggs and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed 1 minute or until thick and lemon colored. Add chocolate mixture; mix well. Pour over batter in pan.
- 3 Bake 35 minutes or until topping is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Meanwhile, mix confectioners’ sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over cooled brownies. Cut into squares.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner