Screams of delights will accompany these eye-catching cupcakes. Drag a toothpick dipped in red food color along the white frosting to draw the “bloodshot” lines.
Servings: 24 (1 cupcake)
- 1 package (2-layer size) red velvet cake mix
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
cream cheese frosting
- vanilla frosting
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- Assorted decorations, such as red ring-shaped candies or gum drops and black candy-coated pieces
- 1 Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla to batter.
- 2 Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- 3 Frost cupcakes. Place a ring-shaped candy or sliced gum drop in the middle of each cupcake for the iris. Attach a candy-coated piece with some frosting for the pupil. Place small amount of red food color in a disposable paper cup. Using a toothpick, draw “bloodshot” lines in the white frosting. Or, tint any remaining white frosting red with red food color. Spoon frosting into small resealable plastic bag. Snip a small corner from bag. Pipe frosting to create the bloodshot lines.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner