Grilled chicken marinated in Grill Mates® 7 Spice Teriyaki is good enough to serve solo, right off the grill. Top it with a grilled fruit salsa – everything from the pear to the pineapple to the veggies gets charred. And prepare for an epic explosion of sweet, roasted and tangy flavor. Plate it all up with a final drizzle of refreshing Pineapple Lime Crema and devour. Recipe and photo courtesy of Jen Sattley of Carlsbad Cravings.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa
- 1/2 ripe pineapple, cored and cut into slices
- 1 large pear, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- Pineapple Lime Crema
- 1 container (5.3 ounces) pineapple yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- Chicken Tacos
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® 7 Spice Teriyaki Single Use Marinade, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/4 cups cooked rice
- 1 For the Salsa, drizzle red onion, pears, bell pepper and jalapeno with olive oil to lightly coat. Thread red onions onto a skewer. Grill pineapple, pear and vegetables over medium-high heat until tender-crisp and lightly charred, turning occasionally. Allow to cool slightly and chop pineapple, pear, bell pepper and onion and place in large bowl. Chop jalapeno, reserving some of the seeds if desired. Add cilantro, lime juice, ginger, cumin and salt and pepper to taste to pineapple mixture. Add half the jalapeno, or more to taste and toss to combine. To make it spicy, add some of the jalapeno seeds, to taste. Set aside.
- 2 Meanwhile, for the Crema, mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3 Reserve 1/4 cup of the Marinade. Pound chicken to an even thickness and pierce each side several times with a fork. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining Marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove chicken from Marinade. Discard any remaining Marinade. Grill over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips. Toss chicken strips in reserved Marinade to coat.
- 4 To assemble tacos, divide rice evenly among tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Microwave on HIGH to melt cheese over rice. Top with chicken strips and Salsa, and drizzle with Crema before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.