Transform a summertime classic – tomato caprese – into a sweet, smoky, grilled appetizer or main dish. Get seasoned tomato “steaks” on the grill and stack ‘em with fresh mozzarella. A generous drizzle of basil oil elevates this caprese to an epic level of satisfying, robust flavor.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Smoky Montreal Steak Seasoning, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Mustard
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch slices (about 12 slices)
- 12 (about 8 ounces) slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 Mix 2 tablespoons of the oil, vinegar, 1 teaspoon of the Seasoning, basil and mustard in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- 2 Brush tomatoes lightly with additional oil. Sprinkle with remaining 3 teaspoons Seasoning.
- 3 Grill tomatoes on one side over high heat 3 to 4 minutes. Turn; grill 2 minutes longer. Top tomatoes with slices of mozzarella cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or just until cheese is melted.
- 4 Place tomatoes on serving platter. Whisk balsamic dressing; drizzle over tomatoes and mozzarella.