On the table in 20 minutes? Tell us more about this Spicy Thai Basil Chicken. A seasoning blend of McCormick Gourmet™ Thai Basil (sweet) and Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce (salty) brings authentic Thai flavor to life. Cook with peppers and onions and serve over jasmine rice or stuffed inside lettuce wraps.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ All Natural Thai Basil
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Mix brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, Thai basil, cornstarch and crushed red pepper in small bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Heat oil in large skillet or wok on high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned. Add bell pepper and onion; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add fish sauce mixture; cook 1 minute.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Serving Suggestion: Serve with cooked jasmine rice or as lettuce wraps, if desired.