Poached eggs over sautéed vegetables reach a new level of flavor with the addition of smoky McCormick® Chipotle Pepper. Add a drizzle of spicy avocado and pepita pesto (it’s crazy-good!) and you’ve got a satisfying meal for breakfast – or dinner. Recipe and photo courtesy of Claire Thomas of the Kitchy Kitchen.
Ingredients 2 Servings
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 chives, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound assorted fresh vegetables, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- 1 Place basil, parsley, chives, garlic, Parmesan, pine nuts, chipotle pepper and 1/2 cup olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped and well blended. Set aside.
- 2 Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add vegetables. Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until tender-crisp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3 Meanwhile, for the Poached Eggs, fill large deep saucepan with 2 inches of water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Break 1 egg into small dish. Carefully slide egg into simmering water (bubbles should begin to break the surface of the water). Repeat with remaining eggs. Poach eggs 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken. Carefully remove eggs with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- 4 Serve Sauteed Vegetables with a poached egg, topped with pesto and breadcrumbs and sprinkle with additional chipotle pepper, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.