Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough or frozen dough, thawed or 1 prepared thin pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 3 teaspoons of the Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Grill over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Cut into bite-size cubes. Mix cheese and remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoning in small bowl.
- 2 Stetch or roll dough on floured baking sheet to a 12- to 14-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush top of dough with oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- 3 Layer crust with 1/2 of the cheese, tomatoes, grilled chicken, remaining cheese and onion. Close lid. Grill 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. (Check pizza often to avoid burning. Rotate pizza, if necessary.) Slide pizza onto baking sheet. Slice and serve immediately.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Pizza dough may be purchased from the prepared deli or dairy section of the supermarket. If frozen, thaw dough in refrigerator.
For ease in stretching or rolling, let dough stand at room temperature 1 to 2 hours.
Fresh pizza dough may also be purchased from your local pizzeria.