Boil your brats in a smoky blend of Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade and beer right on the grill in a cast iron skillet. Sear bratwurst to perfection, then top with buttery sautéed onions and peppers.
- 1 can or bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade
- 1 package (19 ounces) bratwurst sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper, (about 1 large pepper)
- 5 hoagie rolls
- 1 Mix beer and Marinade Mix in large cast iron skillet. Place skillet on preheated grill over medium heat. Bring to boil. Add sausages; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- 2 Using tongs, remove sausages from liquid and place on grill. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning frequently to char sausages evenly on all sides. Meanwhile, add butter, onions and bell pepper to liquid in cast iron skillet; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3 Serve sausages on hoagie rolls topped with onions and peppers.