Ethnic meals are within reach when you use the everyday, pure flavor of McCormick® spices. Our version of traditional Chicken Jalfrezi includes skillet-cooked chicken, onions and peppers, sautéed in a tomato-based sauce that’s been seasoned with cumin, turmeric and cinnamon. Plate Jalfrezi over rice or naan and treat your family to an Indian-Chinese stir-fry favorite.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion blend
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Turmeric
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside.
- 2 Stir bell pepper and onion blend into same skillet. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes.
- 3 Return chicken to skillet. Simmer 5 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with cooked rice or naan bread, if desired.