- 1 Season chicken with 3 tablespoons of the Applewood Rub. Refrigerate 30 minutes, if desired.
- 2 Mix mustard, vinegar, water and remaining 2 tablespoons of Applewood Rub in medium bowl until blended. Set aside.
- 3 Prepare grill for indirect medium-low heat (275°F to 300°F). Preheat grill by turning all burners to medium. Turn off burner(s) on one side. Place chicken on unlit side of grill. Close grill.
- 4 Grill 40 to 45 minutes or until internal temperature of thickest part of chicken is 165°F, turning occasionally. Move chicken to lit side of grill with skin-side down. Brush with mustard barbecue sauce. Turn lit side of grill to high.
- 5 Grill, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes longer or until chicken is charred, turning once and brushing with additional sauce.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Note: To maintain medium-low heat (250°F to 325°F), keep lid closed and adjust lit burner as necessary. Directions were developed using a gas grill. Grills vary; cooking time is approximate.