Brining in a salt and sugar solution is a wonderful way to enhance the flavor and juiciness of pork. This brine is prepared with beer to add another layer of flavor. Serve the pork chops with a unique slaw that starts with grilled cabbage. Photo credit: Eva Kosmas from Adven...
Brining in a salt and sugar solution is a wonderful way to enhance the flavor and juiciness of pork. This brine is prepared with beer to add another layer of flavor. Serve the pork chops with a unique slaw that starts with grilled cabbage. Photo credit: Eva Kosmas from Adventures in Cooking.Read More Read Less
- Beer Brined Pork Chops
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons table salt
- 6 bone-in pork chops, 1-inch thick (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Smokehouse Maple Seasoning
- Cabbage Slaw
- 1 head Napa cabbage (about 2 pounds), quartered lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered and cored
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Grill Mates® Smokehouse Maple Seasoning
- 1 For the Pork Chops, mix beer, brown sugar and salt in medium bowl until sugar is dissolved. Place pork in large plastic or glass container. Pour brine over pork. If necessary, place a plate on top of pork chops to keep them submerged. Cover container. Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- 2 For the Slaw, brush cabbage and bell pepper with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Grill over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly charred and softened, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Cut into thin strips. Mix remaining 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, brown sugar and Seasoning in large bowl until well blended. Add cabbage mixture; toss to coat well. Set aside.
- 3 Remove pork chops from brine. Discard remaining brine. Rinse pork chops well under cool running water. Pat dry. Brush pork chops lightly with oil. Rub with Seasoning.
- 4 Grill pork chops over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Serve with Cabbage Slaw.