Recreate the taste of pure maple syrup in this easy recipe. Flavor the rich penuche fudge with the authentic taste of McCormick® Maple Extract. Studded with pecans, it’s as tasty as it is pretty. Package it up for holiday or any-day gift giving!
Ingredients 25 Servings
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Maple Extract With Other Natural Flavors
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, divided
- 1 Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over sides of pan. Spray with no stick cooking spray.
Mix evaporated milk, brown sugar and butter in large saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches 236°F on a candy thermometer (soft-ball stage). (This will take about 30 minutes. Mixture will darken in color as it cooks.) Remove from heat.
Test Kitchen Tip
For best results use a candy thermometer to monitor temperature of fudge while cooking.
- 3 Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar with an electric mixer on low speed. Increase speed to medium; beat until thickened and smooth. Stir in extracts and 1 cup of the pecans. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Top with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- 4 Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Use foil to lift out of pan onto cutting board. Cut into 25 squares. Store in refrigerator.