Roast a turkey on the grill to free up the oven for all your side dishes. Place a packet of wood chips on the grill to add rich smoky flavor to the turkey. Use fruitwood, such as applewood or cherry for mild smoke flavor. Or try mesquite for heartier smoke flavor.
- 1 Soak wood chips in enough water to cover for about 30 minutes. Drain. Place about 1 cup wood chips in center of each of 3 sheets of aluminum foil. Fold tightly to make 3 packets. Poke several holes with fork on both sides of packets to allow smoke to escape. Set aside.
- 2 Prepare grill for indirect medium heat (350°F to 375°F). Preheat grill by turning all burners to medium.
- 3 Rub turkey lightly with oil. Rub cavity with 1 tablespoon of the Seasoning. Sprinkle remaining Seasoning under skin and over surface of turkey. Place turkey in large disposable aluminum pan.
- 4 Turn off burner(s) on one side of grill. Place 1 foil packet directly on grill rack over lit burner. Reserve remaining packets.
- 5 Place turkey in pan on unlit side of grill. Close lid. Grill about 3 hours or until cooked through (internal temperature of breast reaches 165°F and thigh is 175°F). Refresh grill with a fresh packet of wood chips every hour for maximum smoke flavor. Remove pan from grill. Let stand 20 minutes. Transfer turkey to platter or carving board to slice.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner