A layer of caramel with a hint of sea salt is sandwiched between chocolate chunk cookie dough in these irresistible bars.
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- Chocolate Chunk Bars
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 For the Salted Caramel Sauce, place sugar and butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Cook and stir with wire whisk 6 to 7 minutes or until mixture turns a deep amber color. Carefully stir in cream, vanilla and sea salt. (Mixture will be bubbly.) Whisking constantly, cook 1 to 2 minutes until sauce thickens and coats back of spoon.
- 2 Preheat oven to 325°F. For the Chocolate Chunk Bars, mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Mix butter and sugars in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture; mix just until moistened. Stir in chopped chocolate. Spread 1/2 of the batter in foil-lined 13x9-inch baking sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Pour Salted Caramel Sauce over batter, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edges. Spread remaining batter over caramel.
- 3 Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan. Place on cutting board and cut into bars.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner