Avocado toast gets a quick upgrade with poached eggs and McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Citrus Chili & Garlic with Chia Seasoning. Zesty flavor with a touch of crunch (thanks, chia!) perfectly compliment creamy avocado and just-toasted Italian bread. Almost too beautiful to eat – almost.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Avocado Toast
- 4 slices thick-sliced crusty Italian bread
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Citrus Chili & Garlic with Chia
- Poached Eggs
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 For the Avocado Toast, toast bread to desired doneness. Squeeze lime over avocado slices to prevent browning. Lay avocado on toast, pressing down gently.
- 2 For the Poached Eggs, fill large deep saucepan with 2 inches of water. Add 1 tablespoon vinegar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Break 1 egg into small dish. Gently stir water in one spot and carefully slide egg into simmering water (bubbles should begin to break the surface of the water). Repeat with remaining eggs. Poach eggs 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken. Carefully remove eggs with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- 3 To serve, place 1 slice Avocado Toast on each plate. Top with a poached egg.