Start your day with a homemade hash, overflowing with hearty, flavorful ingredients like tomato, zucchini, chickpeas and bacon. Flavored with Skhug Hot Sauce for a Middle Eastern-inspired heat, it’ll fill you up to power through the morning. Garnish with additional cru...
Start your day with a homemade hash, overflowing with hearty, flavorful ingredients like tomato, zucchini, chickpeas and bacon. Flavored with Skhug Hot Sauce for a Middle Eastern-inspired heat, it’ll fill you up to power through the morning. Garnish with additional crumbled bacon, feta cheese and hot sauce.Read More Read Less
Ingredients 5 Servings
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Skhug Hot Sauce (see Cooking Tip for recipe link)
- 1 Cook bacon in large skillet on medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper-towel lined plate. Crumble bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish.
- 2 Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the skillet. Add onion; cook and stir on medium heat 5 minutes or until softened. Add chickpeas and spices; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini; cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes or until tender-crisp. Stir in cherry tomatoes, Skhug Hot Sauce and the crumbled bacon, except for the 1 tablespoon reserved for garnish; simmer 5 minutes.
- 3 To serve, spoon breakfast hash into serving bowls. Top with reserved crumbled bacon and crumbled feta cheese, if desired. Serve with additional Skhug Hot Sauce, if desired.